Following the testing criteria established by the CDC helps us understand how the virus is spreading and what public health actions will be helpful.
Click here for view the CDC protocols for COVID-19 testing.
NET Health does not provide COVID-19 testing. You must contact a medical provider first. Testing is only available with a doctor’s order.
Persons seeking COVID-19 testing must first call your healthcare provider and tell them about your symptoms and your exposure. They will decide whether you need to be tested, but keep in mind that there is no treatment for COVID-19 and people who are mildly ill may be able to isolate and care for themselves at home.
- Testing criteria includes having fever, cough, shortness of breath PLUS:
- Having close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case,
- Travel to a location with ongoing transmission of COVID-19,
- Risk factors for getting very sick from COVID-19 (senior citizen, chronic disease, weakened immune system)
- Hospitalized with COVID-19 symptoms
- Private Lab Testing is available, but the cost depends on each particular private laboratory, and not every laboratory is able to provide COVID-19 testing.
- People with no health insurance have the option of getting tested by calling either of the below options
- Call 2-1-1, and select "Option 6". They will direct you to low-cost or no-cost providers in your area.
Persons who may exhibit symptoms of the Coronavirus, as well as persons whom believe they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, need to directly contact their doctor and inform the clinic/hospital that you are about to travel to their facility, before actually traveling to that facility.
Doctors and physicians will determine if a patient meets the criteria to actually have a COVID-19 test performed. If the person does not meet the criteria, then they will not be administered the Coronavirus test. This is the protocol established by the CDC, this helps to decrease the number of false positives, and it helps to ensure kits are being utilized in an appropriate and efficient manner.
Return to the previous page